We are just days away from Thanksgiving and you may still be wondering what amazing, vegan dessert you can bring to your holiday meal. Well, look no further! This recipe is incredibly easy to make, involves no baking, and is gluten free.
*This recipe has been modified a bit. The original is from Fresh Creations.
Vegan Pumpkin Pie Cheesecakes (12 servings)
- 1.5 cups Raw Pecans
- 1 cup Medjool Dates (soaked in warm water for 10 minutes)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup Cashews (soaked in hot water for 1 hour)
- 1/2 cup Light Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Canned Pumpkin Puree (BPA free can preferred)
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- Soak the cashews for one hour and soak the dates for 10 minutes.
- Line a muffin tin with plastic wrap or liners.
- Make the crust in a food processor: blend the pecans until ground, then add the soft dates (without the pits), and sea salt. Pulse well until combined.
- Transfer the mixture into the muffin tin and press down until crust is formed. The crust is really sticky and it helps if you use your fingers to press it down.
- Place tin in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling. In a high speed blender, blend all of the ingredients for the filling until smooth and creamy.
- Remove tin from the freezer and pour the filling over the pecan crust.
- Freeze the cheesecakes for about 3-4 hours, or until firm.
- Let them thaw for a few minutes before eating.
Happy Food Friday! Today I wanted to share one of my new, favorite recipes. This recipe has been modified from Medical Medium’s Thyroid Healing book. I tried to make this for the first time this week and may now be making it every day! It was absolutely, mouth-wateringly delicious!
Makes 2-3 servings
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño, minced (optional)……I used the whole thing by accident.
- 2 limes
- 1/4 cup cashew cream (see recipe below)
- a drop of olive oil/coconut oil to dust potatoes with
Cashew Cream (modified from The No Meat Athlete Cookbook)
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in hot water for 1 hour, then drained
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ to 1 cup water
- 1-2 teaspoons dill (we like a lot so I tend to just pour in a ton!)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Slice the potatoes into “chips” that are 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch thick. Lightly dust them with your choice of oil and add the sea salt. Arrange the potatoes on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper. Bake the potatoes for 20 minutes, flip, and then bake for 10 more minutes (or until crispy to your liking).
- While the potatoes bake, combine the avocado, tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, and the juice of both of the limes in a small mixing bowl.
- Make the cashew cream sauce by simply blending all of the ingredients together. Add more water to create your desired consistency.
- When the potatoes have finished cooking, arrange them on a plate/serving tray. Top them with the salsa and add some cashew cream sauce.