Hello everyone and happy Friday!
This is an old recipe but is still one of our favorites. It is delicious, comforting and is perfect for those upcoming Fall evenings.
We found this recipe in The No Meat Athlete Cookbook and it has quickly become one of our favorites. It’s easy to make and is incredibly filling. Enjoy it with a warm piece of vegan toast 🙂
Garlicky Rosemary Potato Soup (The No Meat Athlete Cookbook)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (Optional. Or use ¼ cup/120 ml of the broth listed below)
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped fine
- 1 celery rib, chopped fine
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves stripped and minced
- 2 pounds waxy potatoes, such as Yukon Gold, peeled and diced
- One 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, plus more to taste
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup Cashew Cream: 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in hot water for 1 hour, then drained, 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ to 1 cup water….blended together Click here for quick demo on how to make Cashew Cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Place a medium stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the oil, then add the onion, celery, garlic, and rosemary. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Add the potatoes, beans, bay leaf, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and stir to combine. Add the broth, increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in cashew cream. (If you prefer a smooth texture, puree half the soup in a blender).
- Add ¼ teaspoon salt and season with more pepper. Discard the bay leaf before serving.
Click here to purchase your own copy of The No Meat Athlete Cookbook.