Hello wonderful people,
I hope that everyone is enjoying this gorgeous day!!!
I am so excited to share a collaboration that I have just finished with Victoria from Lemons ‘N Lyme. When I was first diagnosed with Lyme, Victoria was one of the first people I met. She is one of the most genuine people in our community and her vast knowledge of treatments and Lyme is amazing! I immediately felt comforted by her story……not to mention that her blog is pretty phenomenal with the delicious recipes for every diet type (vegan, Paleo, you name it!).
Here is the beginning of her story including her symptoms, her treatments, diet, detox and so much more. We will release part 2 of the interview next week.
I hope that you enjoy it and that just maybe you will learn something new about Lyme Disease.
Hello all of my beautiful friends 🙂
If you have been following my story, you read that I changed my Lyme Disease treatment protocol about a month ago. Here is a quick update on the things that I have learned, the foods and supplements that I have incorporated and how I have been feeling. Thank you all for the continued support and love.
***For people who have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Lyme, Thyroid issues, Chronic Fatigue or other illness, you may want to watch as well. There is information that is worth hearing. Best of luck to all of you with your healing.
It’s Tuesday, which means it’s VLOG Day (for those who are new to this phrase, this is a Video Blog) and I finally have a new one out for the New Year!
In this video, I talk about my current Lyme Disease symptoms as well as my new approach to healing for 2017! I am really excited to heal my body through food, supplements, herbs and cannot wait to share my journey with you.
Please take a moment to watch this VLOG. Even if you don’t have Lyme, you may find some useful information in this approach-especially when it comes to other conditions and symptoms (acid reflux, Epstein Barr, nerve pain, sinus issues, digestive issues, fatigue, adrenal fatigue, fibromyalgia, etc).
It may just help you become a healthier version of yourself. Who doesn’t want that?!
Part of my treatment was to eliminate some of the foods that I loved and I wondered, “what am I going to eat now?” I am a creature of habit and have been eating the same lunch and afternoon snack for about a year (No wonder my body felt so fatigued, it wasn’t getting the nutrients from a wonderful variety of foods)!
Layla and I came up with this delicious side dish (and I am trying hard not to let her just eat all of it). I should state that I am not a chef! I also don’t tend to measure, so go ahead and put in as much of each vegetable as your palette desires:)
-Green cabbage (I did half of a head)
-Fresh mint (I used about 6 leaves)
-Zucchini (I used zoodles cut with our veggie spiralizer)
-Apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper to taste
*It would probably be delicious with some lemon juice added as well, but they are on my “NO” list.
*Also, this recipe is great on a toasted brown rice tortilla with a little bit of vegan mayonnaise.
Happy Friday y’all! I hope that you are all having a wonderful day and are excited about the weekend!
I have had a couple of people ask me about my Lyme Disease treatment and I realized that it has been quite some time since I have posted an update. So here it is! I will try to keep it short and sweet 🙂
It has been about 2 months since I started seeing my doctor for this awful illness. I am seeing a holistic chiropractor who is absolutely amazing! He is not a Lyme specific doctor but has helped a lot of Lyme patients. His plan isn’t to kill the Lyme because “killing the Lyme would mean hurting parts of me as well.” Instead, we are working on fixing the parts of my body that aren’t working properly because of Lyme. Basically, we are managing and fixing the symptoms.
Currently, we are working on increasing my energy, improving my metabolism and digestion, removing mycotoxins and mold, correcting any gene issues, and decreasing histamines. I am currently taking over 35+ pills a day to help support these body systems.
- my leg pain (on most days) has almost disappeared.
- my energy has dramatically increased!
- my digestive issues (on most days) have dramatically decreased.
- my sinus issues have lessened.
- no more heart palpitations.
- The doctor is extremely amazed at how far I have come in only three sessions!
- taking 35+ supplements a day is extremely time consuming. Some of them can be taken with food, others without. How do I schedule all of this?!
- muscle twitching is still there.
- the first two weeks of taking new supplements can be extremely exhausting and painful. I still never know how I will feel the next day.
- TREATMENT IS EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE and I am not sure how long I will be able to keep this up. Have I mentioned that insurance doesn’t cover any of this?!
- I have had to eliminate the following foods from my diet: spinach, chocolate, tomatoes, potatoes, nuts, beans, lentils, soy, plant protein, anything processed, lemons, limes, fruit, carrots. This has been a difficult challenge! As someone who LOVES animals, I find it extremely difficult to eat meat. However, with most of my other protein sources eliminated I have had to start eating a bit here and there. Morally, I really don’t like this 😦 (**I was already dairy, gluten, and sugar free prior)
- anxiety attacks and melancholy are still there.
- headaches and ear pressure remain constant.
I am extremely optimistic that things will keep getting better from here. I am so glad that I found a wonderful doctor who knows what he is doing and has helped me so much already!
Thank you for reading and to all of my Lyme Warriors out there, stay strong!!! We will conquer this awful disease together!