It has definitely turned into Fall in Southern California, and the temperature has started dropping in the evenings. I am craving nothing but warm, comfort foods for dinner and this is one of our favorites. I am not sure that there are many healthy, dinner recipes out there that are this easy.
Baked Stuffed Sweet Potato (serves 2)
*2 medium-sized sweet potatoes
*3/4 can of black beans
*Your choice of veggies (we prefer cherry tomatoes, carrots, spinach, bell pepper, zucchini, red onion)
*Optional: salsa, guacamole or vegan butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Poke holes in your sweet potatoes with a fork.
- Cook sweet potatoes until they are soft, all the way through (approximately 45 minutes).
- In the meantime, chop and saute your vegetables and black beans.
- When the sweet potatoes have finished cooking, pull them out of the oven. Slice them open (length wise) and mash the insides with a fork.
- Add your veggies, black beans, salsa and guacamole.
*I will sometimes add guacamole, salsa or vegan butter to the sweet potato before piling on my veggies. This helps take away from the dryness of the sweet potato.