I am super excited for Fall and for the approaching holiday season. I have two events coming up that will help us all feel more healthy, happy and confident for those family pictures and gatherings.
The first is one that everyone, all over the world, can participate in. I am running a “Fall in Love with Fitness” online challenge. It will consist of short workouts that can be done from the comfort of your own bedroom (I personally love to workout in my pajamas). It is only $25.00 for the entire two weeks and starts on November 5th!
The second event is for all of my local friends. I am co-hosting a “Fall in Love with Food” Vegan Cooking Class on November 8th from 6:00-7:30pm. During the class we will eat a 5 course meal (including wine) and will learn some basic cooking skills. Everyone will leave with a recipe packet so that you can make these amazing meals at home (and for those holiday gatherings). The entire evening is only $55.00/person. *Please note that you absolutely do not have to be vegan to attend.
Please contact me to sign up for either one of these events. Also, please share with anyone who you think may be interested. I truly appreciate all of your support!
Hey everyone, happy Wednesday!
I will keep this one short and sweet, because looking at this picture has me hungry 🙂
There are some amazing, plant based cheeses on the market. However, sometimes I want something that isn’t processed and is whole food plant based.
This is by far and away our favorite, dairy free “cheese” sauce. We use it on Mac, as a dipping sauce for veggies, or even as a spread on a sandwich. It is delicious!
*Note: this is not my recipe. I found this recipe here. However, I wanted to share it with you because through all of the cheese recipes we have tried, this one was the yummiest (is that a word?!)!
- 1 cup peeled/diced yellow potatoes (or russets)
- 1/4 cup peeled/diced carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup water (preferably use liquid from pot of boiled veggies)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 pinch paprika
- Boil several cups of water in a small pot. Place chopped potatoes, carrots, and onion in the boiling water, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and soft enough to blend. Cooking time will vary slightly, based on how small you have chopped your veggies.
- When veggies are soft enough to blend, use a slotted spoon to remove them from cooking water, and place them in your blender. Add 3/4 cup of that cooking water to your blender, along with your remaining ingredients (including cashews).
- Blend until smooth.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe. Please let me know what you think!