Happy Food Friday! Today I wanted to share one of my new, favorite recipes. This recipe has been modified from Medical Medium’s Thyroid Healing book. I tried to make this for the first time this week and may now be making it every day! It was absolutely, mouth-wateringly delicious!
Makes 2-3 servings
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño, minced (optional)……I used the whole thing by accident.
- 2 limes
- 1/4 cup cashew cream (see recipe below)
- a drop of olive oil/coconut oil to dust potatoes with
Cashew Cream (modified from The No Meat Athlete Cookbook)
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in hot water for 1 hour, then drained
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ to 1 cup water
- 1-2 teaspoons dill (we like a lot so I tend to just pour in a ton!)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Slice the potatoes into “chips” that are 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch thick. Lightly dust them with your choice of oil and add the sea salt. Arrange the potatoes on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper. Bake the potatoes for 20 minutes, flip, and then bake for 10 more minutes (or until crispy to your liking).
- While the potatoes bake, combine the avocado, tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, and the juice of both of the limes in a small mixing bowl.
- Make the cashew cream sauce by simply blending all of the ingredients together. Add more water to create your desired consistency.
- When the potatoes have finished cooking, arrange them on a plate/serving tray. Top them with the salsa and add some cashew cream sauce.