As we approach the holidays, I want to make sure that you have a great dessert to bring to those family meals. This is one of our favorites! So easy to make, no baking required and delicious. Plus, they are gluten free and vegan (of course!).
I have shared this recipe before but I wanted to make sure that you had a cooking demo as well for our mini-pumpkin cheesecakes. Enjoy! ❤
I hope that you are having a great week! It has been extremely hot in San Diego and I have been craving nothing but cold food. This breakfast recipe helped brighten my summer mornings and is still doing the trick in October. Whether it is hot or cold where you live, Cacao Overnight Oats are a perfectly, delicious way to start your day.
Here is a quick video demonstration on how to make this breakfast. You absolutely do not have to be vegan to enjoy this one!
Enjoy the video and please tag me on social media if you recreate this simple dish!
Happy Food Friday!! If you are looking for a delicious dish to make this weekend, look no further. This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegan and is comforting!
Please click on the video below for the full cooking demonstration on how to make potato nachos.
I hope that you enjoy and have a great weekend!
Yesterday we discussed why I think it is important to leave turkeys off of our tables (on Thanksgiving and always). You may be wondering what to make for your holiday meal instead.
This was one of the many recipes that we made during our cooking class last week and it is incredibly delicious. Plus, it is comforting, warm and perfect for this time of year with its’ main ingredient being pumpkin.
I hope that you will give it a try and let me know what you think.
*This recipe has been modified from Fresh Creations. For more information, check out @freshcreationssd on Instagram.
“Cheesy” Kale Casserole
- 2 1/2 lbs Pureed Pumpkin (*we used organic, pureed pumpkin from cans instead of whole pumpkins. The directions below are for the canned option)
- 1 Yellow Onion (small dice)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 can Organic Coconut Milk (15 oz can)
- 2 cups Kale Leaves (removed from stem and leaves cut thin)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Sage (minced)
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/3 tbsp Bread Crumbs (*we used gluten free)
- 1 Bag of Macaroni (*again we used gluten free)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In an extra large sauce pan or skillet, heat oil over medium heat and cook onions for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add minced garlic and sage and continue cooking until onions are carmelized.
- While onions are carmelizing, cook pasta of choice using directions on package. Strain and set aside.
- Add pureed pumpkin, coconut milk and nutritional yeast to carmelized onion sage and garlic mixture. Stir/mix together. Cook 4 minutes.
- Add shredded kale leaves, stir everything together and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine pasta with pumpkin and kale mixture.
- Scoop into individual ramekins or a 9×9 baking dish. Top with bread crumbs of choice. Bake for 10 minutes or until bread crumbs are golden brown.
- Garnish with green onion or chili pepper flakes (you can also add some tempeh bacon).
I truly hope that you enjoy this recipe! Please remember that it is absolutely possible to have an amazing, and satisfying, holiday meal without consuming animal products ❤
And just like that summer has disappeared…..
Hello, my wonderful friends!
I just realized that it has been almost an entire summer season since I posted last. I had a summer full of activism, sanctuaries, fitness, friends and of course, food! And I wanted to share our favorite, summer recipe, that we ate time and time again. Honestly, we probably still make this recipe 2-3 times per week and never get sick of it!!
It is delicious, easy to make, packed with protein, and is great to share at parties, barbecues or even just with a friend for lunch. I hope that you enjoy it as much as we do.
Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- 1-15 oz. can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 ½ Tablespoons Vegenaise (or other vegan mayonnaise)
- 1 ½ celery stalks, chopped
- ¼ red onion, chopped finely
- ¼ red apple, chopped finely
- ½ teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoon dill
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 small dill pickle, chopped finely
- Black pepper to taste
- 6 Vegan Bread Slices, preferably Sourdough
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Put the chickpeas in a mixing bowl and mash them with a fork.
- Add the Vegenaise and stir well.
- Add the other ingredients, stirring periodically.
- Toast the bread.
- Add the chickpea salad to your bread and enjoy.
**Feel free to include any additional sandwich ingredients including: avocado, lettuce, tomato, cucumbers.
Click here for a cooking demo for this recipe!