Happy Food Friday!! If you are looking for a delicious dish to make this weekend, look no further. This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegan and is comforting!
Please click on the video below for the full cooking demonstration on how to make potato nachos.
I hope that you enjoy and have a great weekend!
Have you ever been so obsessed with a recipe that you just cannot stop talking about it (and eating it)?! That is how I feel about my chickpea salad recipe. It is so easy to make and I could probably eat it for lunch and dinner on a daily basis (maybe breakfast too?).
I have previously posted the recipe for this amazing meal, but I also wanted to share a quick, cooking demo for those visual learners out there.
Please take a few minutes to watch the video and make sure to let me know if you give this recipe a go! I would love to hear if you are obsessed with it as I am :).
And just like that summer has disappeared…..
Hello, my wonderful friends!
I just realized that it has been almost an entire summer season since I posted last. I had a summer full of activism, sanctuaries, fitness, friends and of course, food! And I wanted to share our favorite, summer recipe, that we ate time and time again. Honestly, we probably still make this recipe 2-3 times per week and never get sick of it!!
It is delicious, easy to make, packed with protein, and is great to share at parties, barbecues or even just with a friend for lunch. I hope that you enjoy it as much as we do.
Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- 1-15 oz. can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 ½ Tablespoons Vegenaise (or other vegan mayonnaise)
- 1 ½ celery stalks, chopped
- ¼ red onion, chopped finely
- ¼ red apple, chopped finely
- ½ teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoon dill
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 small dill pickle, chopped finely
- Black pepper to taste
- 6 Vegan Bread Slices, preferably Sourdough
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Put the chickpeas in a mixing bowl and mash them with a fork.
- Add the Vegenaise and stir well.
- Add the other ingredients, stirring periodically.
- Toast the bread.
- Add the chickpea salad to your bread and enjoy.
**Feel free to include any additional sandwich ingredients including: avocado, lettuce, tomato, cucumbers.
Click here for a cooking demo for this recipe!