As we approach the holidays, I want to make sure that you have a great dessert to bring to those family meals. This is one of our favorites! So easy to make, no baking required and delicious. Plus, they are gluten free and vegan (of course!).
I have shared this recipe before but I wanted to make sure that you had a cooking demo as well for our mini-pumpkin cheesecakes. Enjoy! ❤
Happy Fall! I don’t know about you but this is my favorite time of the year for food. I love warm meals and the comfort of pumpkin and squash recipes. It is a wonderful time to try new recipes and to turn on those ovens to warm the house.
We made this incredible recipe, originally from the Forks Over Knives Magazine (and altered it a bit), and I wanted to share it with you. This will be going on my favorite list to eat time and time again. I hope you enjoy it at much as we did.
Stuffed Spaghetti Squash with Lentil Marinara (serves 2)
- 1 medium spaghetti squash halved and seeds removed
- 12 oz. brown lentils, rinsed and drained (canned)
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 6 oz. Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, unflavored plant-milk (I used almond)
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, minced (the more garlic, the better, in my opinion)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper, ground
- 1 Tbsp. of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silicon mat. Place the squash halves, cut side down, on the baking sheet. Bake for approximately 40 minutes, or until tender.
- In the meantime, in a bowl, stir together the lentils and marinara.
- Place potatoes in a steamer basket in a saucepan. Add water to saucepan and bring to a boil. Steam the potatoes, covered, for approximately 10 minutes or until tender. Let the potatoes cool.
- Place the cooled potatoes in a blender. Add the plant milk, nutritional yeast, white wine vinegar, garlic, sea salt and pepper. Cover and blend until you reach the desired, sauce consistency. Set the sauce aside.
- Remove the squash from the oven. Turn squash halves over, scrape squash strands with a fork, and spoon in the lentil mixture. Bake for another 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Warm the potato sauce and poor it on top of the squash halves. Add the basil as a garnish or mix it in.
Happy Food Friday!! If you are looking for a delicious dish to make this weekend, look no further. This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegan and is comforting!
Please click on the video below for the full cooking demonstration on how to make potato nachos.
I hope that you enjoy and have a great weekend!
Have you ever been so obsessed with a recipe that you just cannot stop talking about it (and eating it)?! That is how I feel about my chickpea salad recipe. It is so easy to make and I could probably eat it for lunch and dinner on a daily basis (maybe breakfast too?).
I have previously posted the recipe for this amazing meal, but I also wanted to share a quick, cooking demo for those visual learners out there.
Please take a few minutes to watch the video and make sure to let me know if you give this recipe a go! I would love to hear if you are obsessed with it as I am :).
And just like that summer has disappeared…..
Hello, my wonderful friends!
I just realized that it has been almost an entire summer season since I posted last. I had a summer full of activism, sanctuaries, fitness, friends and of course, food! And I wanted to share our favorite, summer recipe, that we ate time and time again. Honestly, we probably still make this recipe 2-3 times per week and never get sick of it!!
It is delicious, easy to make, packed with protein, and is great to share at parties, barbecues or even just with a friend for lunch. I hope that you enjoy it as much as we do.
Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- 1-15 oz. can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 ½ Tablespoons Vegenaise (or other vegan mayonnaise)
- 1 ½ celery stalks, chopped
- ¼ red onion, chopped finely
- ¼ red apple, chopped finely
- ½ teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoon dill
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 small dill pickle, chopped finely
- Black pepper to taste
- 6 Vegan Bread Slices, preferably Sourdough
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Put the chickpeas in a mixing bowl and mash them with a fork.
- Add the Vegenaise and stir well.
- Add the other ingredients, stirring periodically.
- Toast the bread.
- Add the chickpea salad to your bread and enjoy.
**Feel free to include any additional sandwich ingredients including: avocado, lettuce, tomato, cucumbers.
Click here for a cooking demo for this recipe!