One of the questions that I get asked everyday is, “What do you eat?” So, I made a quick and honest video that shows exactly that: What I Eat in a Day (Plant Based, Vegan, Gluten Free). I hope that you will watch this short video and realize how easy it can be to make delicious and nutritious food. Please remember that it doesn’t have to be complicated.
Just a quick note that the volume on this video is a little bit wonky, so make sure to turn it up when it gets to lunch time.
As we approach the holidays, I want to make sure that you have a great dessert to bring to those family meals. This is one of our favorites! So easy to make, no baking required and delicious. Plus, they are gluten free and vegan (of course!).
I have shared this recipe before but I wanted to make sure that you had a cooking demo as well for our mini-pumpkin cheesecakes. Enjoy! ❤
I hope that you are having a great week! It has been extremely hot in San Diego and I have been craving nothing but cold food. This breakfast recipe helped brighten my summer mornings and is still doing the trick in October. Whether it is hot or cold where you live, Cacao Overnight Oats are a perfectly, delicious way to start your day.
Here is a quick video demonstration on how to make this breakfast. You absolutely do not have to be vegan to enjoy this one!
Enjoy the video and please tag me on social media if you recreate this simple dish!
Happy Fall! I don’t know about you but this is my favorite time of the year for food. I love warm meals and the comfort of pumpkin and squash recipes. It is a wonderful time to try new recipes and to turn on those ovens to warm the house.
We made this incredible recipe, originally from the Forks Over Knives Magazine (and altered it a bit), and I wanted to share it with you. This will be going on my favorite list to eat time and time again. I hope you enjoy it at much as we did.
Stuffed Spaghetti Squash with Lentil Marinara (serves 2)
- 1 medium spaghetti squash halved and seeds removed
- 12 oz. brown lentils, rinsed and drained (canned)
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 6 oz. Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, unflavored plant-milk (I used almond)
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, minced (the more garlic, the better, in my opinion)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper, ground
- 1 Tbsp. of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silicon mat. Place the squash halves, cut side down, on the baking sheet. Bake for approximately 40 minutes, or until tender.
- In the meantime, in a bowl, stir together the lentils and marinara.
- Place potatoes in a steamer basket in a saucepan. Add water to saucepan and bring to a boil. Steam the potatoes, covered, for approximately 10 minutes or until tender. Let the potatoes cool.
- Place the cooled potatoes in a blender. Add the plant milk, nutritional yeast, white wine vinegar, garlic, sea salt and pepper. Cover and blend until you reach the desired, sauce consistency. Set the sauce aside.
- Remove the squash from the oven. Turn squash halves over, scrape squash strands with a fork, and spoon in the lentil mixture. Bake for another 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Warm the potato sauce and poor it on top of the squash halves. Add the basil as a garnish or mix it in.
Happy Food Friday!! If you are looking for a delicious dish to make this weekend, look no further. This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegan and is comforting!
Please click on the video below for the full cooking demonstration on how to make potato nachos.
I hope that you enjoy and have a great weekend!
I hope that you are having an amazing week! I am so sorry that it has been so long but I was having some issues with my website. The problem has been resolved and I am back!!
During my absence, I did some experimenting with a diet called Raw Till 4. Although I was feeling pretty good prior to this challenge, I was also feeling a bit sluggish. I had heard that this way of eating increased your energy, so I thought that I would give it a go.
Anyway, here is my video that documents my journey with Raw Till 4. I explain why I took on this challenge, what I ate and how I felt after 5 days on this plan. You may be surprised.
Please make sure to subscribe while you are there and let me know what you think. Have you ever tried eating a raw diet? I would love to hear from you! ❤