We are just days away from Thanksgiving and you may still be wondering what amazing, vegan dessert you can bring to your holiday meal. Well, look no further! This recipe is incredibly easy to make, involves no baking, and is gluten free.
*This recipe has been modified a bit. The original is from Fresh Creations.
Vegan Pumpkin Pie Cheesecakes (12 servings)
- 1.5 cups Raw Pecans
- 1 cup Medjool Dates (soaked in warm water for 10 minutes)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup Cashews (soaked in hot water for 1 hour)
- 1/2 cup Light Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Canned Pumpkin Puree (BPA free can preferred)
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- Soak the cashews for one hour and soak the dates for 10 minutes.
- Line a muffin tin with plastic wrap or liners.
- Make the crust in a food processor: blend the pecans until ground, then add the soft dates (without the pits), and sea salt. Pulse well until combined.
- Transfer the mixture into the muffin tin and press down until crust is formed. The crust is really sticky and it helps if you use your fingers to press it down.
- Place tin in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling. In a high speed blender, blend all of the ingredients for the filling until smooth and creamy.
- Remove tin from the freezer and pour the filling over the pecan crust.
- Freeze the cheesecakes for about 3-4 hours, or until firm.
- Let them thaw for a few minutes before eating.