And just like that summer has disappeared…..
Hello, my wonderful friends!
I just realized that it has been almost an entire summer season since I posted last. I had a summer full of activism, sanctuaries, fitness, friends and of course, food! And I wanted to share our favorite, summer recipe, that we ate time and time again. Honestly, we probably still make this recipe 2-3 times per week and never get sick of it!!
It is delicious, easy to make, packed with protein, and is great to share at parties, barbecues or even just with a friend for lunch. I hope that you enjoy it as much as we do.
Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- 1-15 oz. can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 ½ Tablespoons Vegenaise (or other vegan mayonnaise)
- 1 ½ celery stalks, chopped
- ¼ red onion, chopped finely
- ¼ red apple, chopped finely
- ½ teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoon dill
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 small dill pickle, chopped finely
- Black pepper to taste
- 6 Vegan Bread Slices, preferably Sourdough
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Put the chickpeas in a mixing bowl and mash them with a fork.
- Add the Vegenaise and stir well.
- Add the other ingredients, stirring periodically.
- Toast the bread.
- Add the chickpea salad to your bread and enjoy.
**Feel free to include any additional sandwich ingredients including: avocado, lettuce, tomato, cucumbers.
Click here for a cooking demo for this recipe!