With a few more foods eliminated this week as part of the Lyme treatment protocol, Layla and I had to get creative 🙂 Here is a quick recipe that will be great for those summer events!
-Carrots (I prefer the rainbow baby carrots)
*feel free to add any other desired vegetables.
- Cook quinoa (add two cups of water to every one cup of quinoa. Bring to a boil. Turn down heat and simmer until water has evaporated).
- Place quinoa in a bowl and allow to cool.
- Cut vegetables, olives and mint.
- Add vegetables, capers, olives and feta to the quinoa.
- Season with caper juice, salt and pepper. (you could also use lemon or balsamic vinegar…but they are on my eliminated list 🙂 )
- Mix everything together and enjoy!