Happy Friday y’all! I hope that you are all having a wonderful day and are excited about the weekend!
I have had a couple of people ask me about my Lyme Disease treatment and I realized that it has been quite some time since I have posted an update. So here it is! I will try to keep it short and sweet 🙂
It has been about 2 months since I started seeing my doctor for this awful illness. I am seeing a holistic chiropractor who is absolutely amazing! He is not a Lyme specific doctor but has helped a lot of Lyme patients. His plan isn’t to kill the Lyme because “killing the Lyme would mean hurting parts of me as well.” Instead, we are working on fixing the parts of my body that aren’t working properly because of Lyme. Basically, we are managing and fixing the symptoms.
Currently, we are working on increasing my energy, improving my metabolism and digestion, removing mycotoxins and mold, correcting any gene issues, and decreasing histamines. I am currently taking over 35+ pills a day to help support these body systems.
- my leg pain (on most days) has almost disappeared.
- my energy has dramatically increased!
- my digestive issues (on most days) have dramatically decreased.
- my sinus issues have lessened.
- no more heart palpitations.
- The doctor is extremely amazed at how far I have come in only three sessions!
- taking 35+ supplements a day is extremely time consuming. Some of them can be taken with food, others without. How do I schedule all of this?!
- muscle twitching is still there.
- the first two weeks of taking new supplements can be extremely exhausting and painful. I still never know how I will feel the next day.
- TREATMENT IS EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE and I am not sure how long I will be able to keep this up. Have I mentioned that insurance doesn’t cover any of this?!
- I have had to eliminate the following foods from my diet: spinach, chocolate, tomatoes, potatoes, nuts, beans, lentils, soy, plant protein, anything processed, lemons, limes, fruit, carrots. This has been a difficult challenge! As someone who LOVES animals, I find it extremely difficult to eat meat. However, with most of my other protein sources eliminated I have had to start eating a bit here and there. Morally, I really don’t like this 😦 (**I was already dairy, gluten, and sugar free prior)
- anxiety attacks and melancholy are still there.
- headaches and ear pressure remain constant.
I am extremely optimistic that things will keep getting better from here. I am so glad that I found a wonderful doctor who knows what he is doing and has helped me so much already!
Thank you for reading and to all of my Lyme Warriors out there, stay strong!!! We will conquer this awful disease together!