PAYING IT FORWARD – DISCOVERING NEW BLOGS!
As a new blogger, I was thrilled to be nominated for a Liebster award by Meghan of ThriveSensibly. I absolutely love her blog and really hope that you will check it out. Not only is her writing style relaxed and fun (you feel like you are having a conversation with her), but she has some great “sensible” tips on there for everything health and fitness related. You will enjoy it! Thank you Meghan for the nomination!
If you’re not familiar with the award (as a newbie, I certainly wasn’t), it’s a fun way to recognize new bloggers and get to know them in the process. You can read more about the award here.
WHILE IT IS ALL IN GOOD FUN, THERE ARE SOME RULES…
Thank the blog that nominated you and link back to them (check!).
Share 11 fun facts about yourself (see below).
Answer the 11 questions from the blog that nominated you (see below).
Prepare 11 questions for those you will nominate (see below).
Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers by commenting on one of their blog posts (you guessed it, see below!).
11 FACTS ABOUT ME
- I can stick my tongue up my nose 🙂
- I have an extreme phobia of snakes!
- My husband and I went to the same high school. He was quarterback, I was cheerleading captain and we never talked until college.
- I have two dogs that I adore. We are those crazy people who treat them like they are our children…but until we have kids, they kind of are.
- I was honored enough to be chosen to dance in the Super Bowl XXXVII pregame and half time shows.
- I was originally a Liberal Studies major in college. I always thought that I wanted to be a kindergarten teacher. Then I found dance….
- I am a huge animal lover! I cannot read stories on the Internet regarding animals being harmed or see a dead animal on the side of the road. It makes me extremely sad. I am still getting over Hambre, the gorilla who was recently killed.
- I have had body image/Orthorexia issues for most of my adult life.
- I have one giant kidney (well, two kidneys that are connected).
- I am allergic to pineapple and cats.
- What’s one thing you’ve accomplished from your bucket list? Dancing on tv.
- Where do you find your writing inspiration? From other bloggers and from books. One of my favorite books for inspiration is You are a Badass.
- How do you spend your time on weekends? I love the weekends with my small family: husband and our dogs. We normally spend it at the beach, running errands, going to yummy restaurants (pick up, of course!), Starbucks, working out and with family. The little things make me happy!
- Would you rather travel into the past or future? Definitely the past. I don’t want to ruin any surprises that the future holds 🙂
- What’s your favorite thing about blogging? I love that there is no filter. I can write whatever and whenever I want to. I also love sharing my stories. I always hope that I can help even one person by sharing my journey. Plus, it is cathartic.
- What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve done? I am not much of an adventure-seeker, but this is one thing that I would like to change…..I guess it would have to be when I spontaneously went on a trip to Hawaii and flew there by myself (on my first flight ever!).
- Describe your dream in one word. Freedom.
- If you could be transported anywhere instantly, where would it be? Colorado. I grew up there and terribly miss the fresh air, the pine trees and the beauty.
- What was your proudest moment? Leaving my corporate job and starting a successful business.
- If you had one day all to yourself, how would you spend it? I would sleep in, have a luxurious breakfast outside, go for a hike by the ocean, meet a friend for lunch, read a good book with my feet in the sand, and snuggle with my husband and puppies. I am a simple girl 🙂
- What one piece of advice would you give your 5-year-old self? To live every day to the fullest, to enjoy the little things, to worry less, to laugh more, to dance, to eat good food and to love every inch of your body.
MY QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES
- Describe your blog in three words.
- Do you have a fur baby? If so, describe them.
- Pizza or ice cream?
- What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
- If you were on Naked and Afraid, what one item would you bring from home?
- What is one food that you severely dislike?
- Where do you find your writing inspiration?
- What do you hope to accomplish with your blog?
- What’s one thing you’ve accomplished from your bucket list?
- If you had one day all to yourself, how would you spend it?
- What do you hope to accomplish in the next five years?
MY NOMINEES FOR BLOGS WORTH VISITING
- Brit talks about Lyme
- shelby’s LIFE WITH LYME
- Peas and Love
- Eat Plants, Get Fit
- Lemons ‘N Lyme
- Hillary K. Yeager
Thank you all for participating! 🙂